Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Vacation Anxiety

Anyone else out there have this? My wife and I are getting ready to take a three day break in Ocean City, MD this weekend. I'm torn. Part of me can't wait to just sit my ass down in the sand, drink a beer, and just unwind. The other half...the sick half...is worried about keeping up with the strip.

That's one of the few curses of being a cartoonist: Keeping up with it (that and keeping it funny). It's one of those things where I almost feel guilty when I don't dedicate time everyday to it. It's this sinking feeling in my gut that I'm going to pay for my leisurely ways.

But that won't stop me from my cold beer and warm sand. No sir.

Book Update: I actually started working on the introduction of the book last night. I got two pages done. What can I say, I'm a whirlwind. So far I'm having fun with it. Once I wrap things up, I'll send it off to the Official 44 Union Avenue Editor (Thanks Teresa) so she can make sure I didn't misspell anything or stick my foot in my mouth.

I don't know how other cartoonists work but I usually have the TV on at my desk when I'm working on a strip. More for background noise than anything. But I was watching a very interesting show the other night while working.

Hells Kitchen.

It's basically a reality competition where cooks compete for the top prize of becoming owner and head chef of a brand new restaurant. Now, I'm not a thug by any extent. I don't claim to be a master of fisticuffs. But I would hammer that Chef Ramsey over the head with a 15" frying pan if he got up in my face like that. Great TV!

Funny Click

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was helping you with this?
Jess

Anonymous said...

Go, relax, have a great time! Your strip will still be there when you get back. After all, Im sure even the most famous comic strip artist takes a break every now and again.